A part of a beauty and grooming routine is keeping your brows smooth, stylish and shapely. There are many grooming techniques you can apply to your brows – from threading to plucking to microblading – but these require a lot of time and maintenance, and in some cases, a lot of money.
When it comes to your day to day beauty and makeup routine, it’s important to have a tool that will easily help you to keep your eyebrows looking good, and that’s where brow gel comes in – a handy item that will make your brows beautiful.
If you don’t have a brow gel product in your cosmetics collection, then take a trip down to your local drugstore or beauty concession and pick one up.
What Is Brow Gel?
Eyebrow gel is a beauty product that’s used to tint and shape up your brows in an instant. It also helps to ‘tidy up’ your eyebrow hairs and keep the brows in place, just like hairspray is used to set your hair and keep the hairstyle secure and in place. Brow gels are perfect for those of you who have thick brows that are in need of taming.
Types of Brow Gels
There are different types of brow gels you can use that will be suitable for your final eyebrow look.
Depending on the shade of your brows, you can find a variety of colors. You can get eyebrow gel in brown, black or clear so you can add a natural tint.
Brow gels often come available in tubes with a mascara-style wand, so you can apply the gel and top up your brows quickly. This is perfect for those of you who have a quick beauty routine, or for those of you who need to touch up your makeup look on the go. It’s a great way to brush up your eyebrows, including those stubborn hairs that stick out. Some brow gels come with a brush with thin tips to help you sculpt your eyebrows with excellent precision.
Brow gels also come available in a small tube and its texture comes available in the form of a pomade (plus eyebrow brush), which helps to smooth over the brows.
Related Search Topics (Ads)
How to Use Brow Gel
There are a number of techniques that you can follow to help you use brow gel effectively and to design your eyebrows in the best possible way.
Here’s how to use brow gel like a pro:
- Start off with your skincare regimen. Before applying brow gel or any makeup look, you should make sure that you cleanse, tone and moisturize your face.
- Groom your eyebrows. Pluck away those stubborn hairs that stick out and tidy up your brows.
- Use your go-to eyebrow pencil and start coloring in your brows to fill them in. Some people prefer to skip this step but it’s a good idea to use the eyebrow pencil because it almost works as the ‘base’ of your eyebrow look.
- Then, the important part. Take the brow gel and apply following the direction of the eyebrow hair growth. Gently apply the brow gel going upwards and slowly work your way through the brow until you reach the tail end of the arch.
- Leave your brows to dry and set. Then apply the rest of your makeup look and you will be ready and good to go!
To create eyebrows with tint and definition, here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Start off with your skincare regimen. Cleanse, tone and moisturize as usual.
- Groom your eyebrows by using your tweezers and pluck the hairs that stick out and use a brush comb to comb the hair upwards.
- Use a tinted brow gel and a thin brush and outline the bottom edge of each eyebrow. Then gradually apply the brow tint throughout each arch of each brow.
- Then, using a spoolie brush, brush the brows upwards to blend the gel into the brows.
- Fill in the brows using the tinted brow gel and a thin angled brush.
- Around the brows, apply a small amount of concealer. This trick will help your brows to stand out.
- Finish off the rest of your makeup look.
By following these steps and using brow gel for your eyebrows, your brows will look stunning and will have the rest of your makeup look looking super glamorous.
The best thing about eyebrow gels is that they are pretty simple and easy to use so you can guarantee smooth application and eyebrows that have been shaped with precision.