If you’re looking to achieve a particular hairstyle then hair extensions might be the perfect option for you.
There are different types of hair extensions to choose from – from clip-ins to bonded to loop hair extensions. And depending on the type of extensions you’re using, the application and techniques vary.
Even many people choose to visit a hairdresser, you can apply hair extensions in the comfort of your own home and achieve a professional salon style.
Let’s explore why you should wear hair extensions and how to put in hair extensions.
Why Wear Hair Extensions?
There are many benefits to wearing hair extensions.
First of all, many people wear extensions to lengthen their hair. While it’s good to grow your hair out, putting in hair extensions will extend your hair in an instant. This is ideal for those who have short length but want to try a long hair hairstyle.
Another reason why some people go for hair extensions is that they want to add thickness and volume to their hair. If you have thin hair or you want your hair to be thicker than it is, then you can put in hair extensions to give your locks extra volume.
Some people get hair extensions because they want to add body and definition to their hair. This is similar to adding volume to the hair. Hair extensions give your hair a defined look and add some extra life to your hair.
Another reason why people get hair extensions put in is simply for style. Some hairstyles are hard to emulate if your hair is short or doesn’t have enough volume of definition, so getting hair extensions can allow you to style your hair as desired.
How to Put in Hair Extensions in Eight Simple Steps
The good thing about using clip-in hair extensions is that they are easy to put in and can look good if put in correctly. Plus, you can do it yourself, and you don’t have to go to a salon to apply the clip in extensions.
They’re easy to attach, and they save you time and money. You can apply the clip in extensions at home and get long and voluminous locks in an instant.
Related Search Topics
To follow this step-by-step guide on how to put in hair extensions, you will need:
- A full set of clip in hair extensions
- A soft paddle brush
- A clip
- A mirror
How to Put in Hair Extensions
- Thoroughly brush through your hair with a soft paddle brush to get rid of any tangles.
- Separate the smallest part of your hair, and take the smallest weft (piece), then brush through.
- Find the center of your head and attach the clip in as close the roots as possible. Start from the middle, then once that’s been clipped in, clip in the left and right side.
- Take another section above the hair on the first section and use the second smallest weft, then add the clip-in in the same way as the previous step.
- Grab one of the larger wefts and apply from ear to ear.
- Take the three clip weft and apply near the crown of the head.
- The 1st clip weft and the 2nd clip weft are applied to the sides of your hair, so create a section of hair on each side and clip in.
- Then style as desired and you’re good to go.
How to Hide Clip-In Hair Extensions
Hair extensions that have been applied in the right way will not appear to be too obvious. You can stop your hair extensions showing and blend them in seamlessly with your real hair.
- The shorter, the better. Keep your hair extensions to around 16 to 22 inches so that they look a lot more natural.
- If your hair extensions are too long, then get them trimmed. Trim them so that they match up to the length of your real hair.
- If you want to match the tone of your extensions to your real hair, then try adding highlights and low-lights to help blend your hair. You could also try curling your hair to blend.
- One of the best and simple ways to hide hair extensions is to cover up. Cover over the tracks so that your clips ins won’t easily be seen. You can brush your real hair over your tracks.