Establishing an effective skin care routine is an important part of skin care. If you are struggling with your current skin care routine, or you currently do not have a skin care routine and you do not know where to start, then this guide will help you. Here is the perfect order of skincare routine, including essential skin care routine steps.
Establishing a Skincare Routine
It is good to remember that different skin types require different skin care routines and what works for someone else might not necessarily work for you.
Before embarking on a new skin care routine, you need to figure out and understand your skin type, as this is the foundation to your skin care regimen. If you do not understand your skin type, then you will not know the right products to use for your face and the right steps to take. If you do not know your skin type, then this guide will help you.
The Order of Products
Regardless of your skin type, the order of your skin care regimen is very important and there is a set standard to follow, because the order in which you use the products is crucial to your skin’s health.
Here is the correct order to apply your skin care products:
- Remove your makeup using a makeup remover. Instead of using cleansing wipes, use a liquid cleanser, cleansing milk, or micellar water, or use a wet and warm cloth with a cleansing balm. Use this step as part of your evening routine. Massage the cleanser all over your face and then rinse it off. Do this a few more times.
- You can then use a gentle cleanser that contains natural and organic ingredients to perform a second cleanse to ensure there is no leftover makeup residue or impurities. This can cause breakouts.
- Next, use an exfoliate or toner on your face to remove dead cells, even out skin texture and give your complexion a nice glow.
- Then, apply treatment products such as vitamin C, antioxidants or retinol before you apply moisturizer.
- After this, apply a hydrating serum to revitalize your complexion.
- Also, you can apply sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays.
- Finally, apply moisturizer to your face and eye cream around your eyes. The texture of the moisturizer you should use depends on your skin type. If you have normal, oily or combination skin, you should use a thin moisturizer. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should use a thick moisturizer that is free of harsh chemicals.
Toner or no Toner?
Using a toner is one of the most important steps in any skincare routine, day or night, regardless of your skin type, as it helps to prep your skin after cleansing and before moisturizing. When applying this, you must always apply the toner before you apply moisturizer for it to be effective. Following these steps in the right order and you will lock in plenty of moisture.
How to Cater to Your Skin Type
As we said before, different skin types require different products and routines, so depending on your skin type, you need to use the right products. Here are some top tips and hints on how to do just that.
When it comes to taking care of normal skin, it is important to address the problems you do not have currently. Just because you do not have any problems now does not mean that you will not have skincare problems in the future. So, make sure you are using the right products to help boost and maintain your complexion. Also, make sure you have a healthy diet because a big part of skin care is your health.
If you have dry skin then you will find that your skin lacks hydration, so opt for skin care products that have a thick and creamy consistency, as these products will keep your skin nourished.
Sensitive skin is very delicate and is prone to irritation, so make sure that you avoid products that contain harsh chemicals. Select products that contain natural and organic ingredients, as these will certainly soothe and calm your skin.
Oily and Combination Skin
Avoid oil based products and use skincare items that have a thin consistency. Also, use exfoliating products to clear clogged pores and remove impurities as these can trigger breakouts.
And there you have it! A step by step guide to the right order for your skin care routine, which you can use regardless of your skin type. It is important to follow the right order in your skin care regimen and it is important to use the right skin care products depending on your skin type.