You have probably heard that horse shampoo does miracles when used for a longer period. A couple of years back, horse shampoo and horse conditioners became popular, and now they are used for hair growth and strengthening. However, does horse shampoo grow your hair? Does it provide shine and softness, or is it just like any other shampoo on the market? If you want to know more about it and its true benefits keep on reading!
What is Horse Shampoo?
Horse shampoo for humans is a shampoo that is initially used for horses and their strands. The brand Mane ‘n Tail developed a lot of products for their horses. Horse owners reported seeing significant improvement in the health and appearance of their horses’ manes and tails after using these products for months. Soon, brands started making a transition and tried to recreate similar products, which is why you can find a lot of these in your drugstores or malls.
What Are the Ingredients?
Each brand will have its take on this shampoo, but the base mostly stays the same with the following ingredients:
- Keratin: a natural protein that is found in the hair shaft.
- Avocado and sunflower oils: they help to smooth the hair, give it shine and retain moisture.
- Olive oil: this is filled with vitamin B5 that can lubricate your shaft.
- Pyrithione zinc or benzalkonium chloride: used to get rid of yeast that can build up on your hair.
Horse Shampoo vs. Regular Shampoo
The major difference is in the amount of keratin that is used in the horse shampoo in comparison to other products.
So, does horse shampoo grow your hair? Yes, it can. If your hair cuticle is deficient in amino acids, then you can very well see more hair growth from the keratin found in horse shampoos. The major benefits of using horse shampoo are:
- It helps to repair split ends.
- It gives you an insane amount of shine.
- Makes your hair thicker.
- Helps to detangle it.
- Gets rid of excess oil.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Before you add a new item to your routine and try it out on your hair, it is always best to consult with your hairstylist. In some cases, you can also experience:
- Dryness due to heavy keratin use.
- Frizz (especially if your hair is naturally curly or wavy).
- Hair color loss (this shampoo is not suitable for color-treated hair).
Related Search Topics
How to Use Horse Shampoo
- Step 1: Thoroughly wet your hair. Use 2 teaspoons of a product and let it lather.
- Step 2: Rinse it out. If your hair is on the longer side, you can go for a second wash.
- Step 3: To get the best results and full experience, add a conditioner to your routine as well. Add a handful amount and coat your hair.
- Step 4: Leave it on for two to three minutes and rinse out.
- Step 5: Brush your hair out and style it.
Top 3 Horse Shampoos
When browsing the market, Mane ‘N Tail is the main horse shampoo that is made for human hair. So, we will cover their top recipes and products.
1. The Original Mane ‘N Tail and Body Shampoo
Mane ‘N Tail’s original shampoo varies in price depending on where you purchase it. It is $18.63 on Amazon and is suitable for any hair type. It has a gentle pH formula that will leave you with shiny and healthy strands. Regular use enhances hair health and appearance. You will get 12 ounces or 355 millilitres of this product, which makes it reasonably priced.
2. Mane ‘N Tail Daily Control 2 in 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner
If you have a dry scalp but still want to achieve hair growth, then Mane ‘N Tail’s anti-dandruff product is the best one for you. This comes as a single, 12-fluid ounces bottle. It costs $9.99 on Amazon.
This formula is enriched with herbs that target the scalp, helping your scalp become healthier. Also, the healthier your scalp is, the healthier your hair will look. It contains olive oil to help strengthen the hair from follicle to tip. It is safe and effective for all hair types, including color-treated hair.
3. Mane ‘N Tail Herbal Gro Shampoo and Conditioner
Compared to Mane ‘N Tail’s original recipe, this one has olive oil in it to lock in moisture even more. This one is also specific to hair growth. It’s on Amazon for $23.99 for both the shampoo and conditioner. Both bottles are 27.05 fluid ounces.
The benefits of this shampoo and conditioner duo are plentiful — it’s gentle on the scalp, it leaves your hair silky and it also gives your locks an overall healthier look. It’s also made with a micro-enriched protein formula that ensures the prevention of split ends, breakage and frizz, which means it helps strengthen your hair too.
Want Shiny and Healthy Hair?
If your hair has been looking too oily or if it lacks nourishment you can consider adding a horse shampoo to your weekly routine. Be patient and you will see results, such as thicker strands and better overall texture despite your hair type or length.